The Cats Rule!
We want you and all our visitors to have a fantastic time when they come visit our cafe. In order to provide the best experience for people and cats, we ask you to observe the following rules.
Important Notification: We are upgrading to a new online release form! Once filled out, this online form is valid for one calendar year.
The regular print-out release forms will still be available, but will need to be filled out upon each visit.
- Click on the following blue text to fill out the new online Adult Waiver and Minor Release.
- Here are copies of the print-out Adult Waiver and Minor Release that must be signed before entering the cafe or attending any event or class. We will have copies available at the cafe to sign when you come in.
- Visitors 18 or older must sign the Release and Indemnification Agreement before they may play with any of our animals.
- For any minor under the age of 18 who intends to enter the play area, an authorized individual must sign the Release on behalf of the minor, regardless of whether the minor intends to play with any of our animals. If your parent or guardian is not coming with you inside the cafe, you must bring a signed copy of the Release and Indemnification Agreement with a copy of the parent’s ID.
- Brooklyn Cat Cafe cannot take responsibility for any children at the cafe. Therefore, no children under the age of 13 can come into the cafe without being accompanied by an adult or guardian.
Visiting the Brooklyn Cat Cafe
- Please do not bring any of your own animals to the Brooklyn Cat Cafe. Individuals who bring their own animals will not be permitted to enter.
- We recommend that you sanitize your hands before entering the play area and before you leave.
- Feel free to take photos. No flash please.
- In the case of an emergency, please immediately alert a cafe volunteer for assistance.
Interacting with the Cats
- Cats are cats and we cannot control everything they do. While following the rules may help to limit negative behaviors, we cannot be liable for things that may result from interacting with a cat.
- Do not pull on any cat’s tail or any part of the cat’s body.
- Be careful when picking up a cat – if in doubt ask a volunteer. We request that children under 10 do not pick up or carry an individual cat.
- You may gently pet sleeping cats, but you may not try to wake them up to engage in play.
- Do not disturb cats if they are eating.
- Absolutely no running and no chasing cats.
- Please do not yell or scream.
- Do not climb on any part of the furniture.
- Toys for the cats are available throughout the play area and at the reception desk. If you borrow a toy, please be sure to leave it with a cafe volunteer before you go.
- Do not give human food/drinks to cats.
- You may not give any food or treats to the cats without permission of a staff member.
We ask that all of our guests abide by the rules of the Brooklyn Cat Cafe.
Any individuals who are unable to comply with the rules will be asked to leave and will not receive a refund.